Housenumbers Limited collects data from customers which is required to process an order, and we rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including: as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support. This primarily includes your name, billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number.
All the above information will be stored on our secure Ecommerce system which is hosted by EKM and in a physical paper form for 5 years. Only your name and order number will be stored in our offline digital record systems, which we password protect. Your payment card details will also be collected to process your payment via Klarna or Pay Pal (our online payment gateways) who will also store your name, address and email, but not your card details, unless you have opted for either provider to store them. If using the Klarna pay later service you may be required to give your date of birth in order for them to complete the necessary credit checks. When you check out via our website you will have to ‘opt in’ to the collection of this data to proceed with an order.
After this point Housenumbers Limited, EKM, Klarna and Pay Pal will only use your data for the purposes of processing your order or contacting you in the event of a delay, query or issue with your order.
If you have spent more than £100 on our site your order will be sent via courier and your delivery and contact information will be shared with Astral couriers and UK Mail for the purposes of completing delivery of your goods.
After your order has been despatched your name and email address will be shared with REVIEWS.CO.UK who will contact you once to collect an independent review on our products and services on our behalf. This gives us the opportunity to continually improve our products and services.
Housenumbers Limited will never contact you about anything other than your order with us, and we do not operate an email/post or phone marketing campaign or pass on your information to any third parties other than those listed below for delivery purposes only.
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies and associate sellers. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. If your order value is over £100 we will send your order via our courier – either Astral couriers or UK mail, who will only use your address for purposes of delivery and your email address/ phone number for informing you about the delivery. If you have ordered a product that is made by either Tim Carter or Heidi Morris-Duffin we will pass your order details on to the relevant party, including your delivery address and phone number for the purposes of artwork approval, despatch and email address for the purposes of communicating with you about lead times or any potential issues with your order.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have several rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law under the new GDPR regulations, I, Katherine Ellis, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may write to me at:
Housenumbers Limited, 14 Glenmoor Business Park, Blandford, Dorset, DT11 7FP